Monday, August 2, 2010

Sorry!!

SO sorry for my inactivity recently. I was at a summer writing program at Carleton College, and I didn't have much free time! I highly recommend the program however!!

Here is a great summer read; hope you can get your hands on it before summer's over!

Title: It's Not Summer Without You

Author: Jenny Han

Pages: 288

Rating: ****

Summary (from Goodreads): Last year, all of Belly's dreams came true and the thought of missing a summer in Cousins Beach was inconceivable. But like the rise and fall of the ocean tide, things can change--just like that. Suddenly the time she's always looked forward to most is something she dreads. And when Jeremiah calls to say Conrad has disappeared, Belly must decide how she will spend this summer: chasing after the boy she loves, or finally letting him go.

Review: A good sequel to a great book. It's Not Summer Without You picks up the summer following The Summer I Turned Pretty. With flashbacks to tell us what happened over the past year, I felt like I'd never left Belly's world.
What I really liked in this book was how Jenny included chapters from Jeremiah's perspective. Of course, when they started I thought maybe we'd get some from Conrad's POV too, but to no avail. Jeremiah offers a peek into the other side of the story--the boys' lives.
This book keeps up the love triangle we thought was solved in the first book. Conrad is still infuriating, sexy, and irrestistable, and Jeremiah is still the perfect guy friend (who wants to be more).
All in all, a good summer read. Their problems get deeper, the relationships grow stronger, and it all comes back to Cousins Beach.

Recommended for: beach readers, romance lovers

1 comment: