Monday, November 8, 2010

It's Monday! What are you Reading?


Hi everyone who still bothers to check this even though I haven't posted in ages! I'm so sorry about my absence. With school and homework and my job I barely have time to read, much less blog! It is a terrible tragedy. But I'm bringing it back!

This past week I started Grendel by John Gardner (though not by choice; we are reading it in AP English). It is strange. Beowulf was weird, and this is just insane. It is the story of Beowulf from Grendel's perspective, and guys, he is a wack job.

I also started Star Crossed: Gemini Night by Bonnie Hearn Hill, who's publisher/agent (not sure who it was) sent it to me for review! I'm liking it so far; lots of cool astrology stuff, especially about Geminis, which this Gemini finds very interesting.

I am also truckin' through Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I'm sorry to say I have been reading it for about four weeks and I just reached the halfway point. Granted this book is the longest one I own (after Gone With The Wind), but still. Did I mention I'm extremely busy?

On the bright side, I went to Half Price Books this morning! As a member of their "Enews" mailing list, I received several coupons for this week, so I just had to use one up today! It was 40% off one item, so I headed over. I got

A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnely (pure amazing)





and












One Night the Changed Everything by Lauren Barnholdt. I've read her novel Two*Way Street, and I absolutely loved it, so I'm really excited. I also plan on going back on Wednesday (to use one of the other coupons) and get Watch Me, also by Lauren Barnholdt.

Now if only I could actually find the time to read....

P.S. I am SO INCREDIBLY PSYCHED about the release of Crescendo!!! Sadly, due to my very low funds (Half Price Books is a savior for those of us with very little spending money), I will probably have to wait for it until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment