Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas. I sure did--I got ten new books! Along with the two I am currently reading for school, I think I'll be plenty busy for the next few weeks. Look forward to plenty of new reviews!!!

As my gift to you, I give you one of the best books I have ever read:


Title: Hush, Hush


Author: Becca Fitzpatrick


Pages: 391


Summary (from Amazon): For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.


Review: Oh. My. Freakin'. God.

This book blew me away. I read the last 3/4 of it on Christmas Eve, I was so into it. I hadn't even been planning on reading it, but other blogs' reviews were so complimentary that I had to check it out. And it's a good thing I did! The story kept me on the edge of my seat. I had a pretty good idea of what Patch was, but I was still intrigued and wanted an explanation. The end has a fantastic twist maybe I should have seen, but didn't. Patch was the dream male protagonist--hot, strong, mysterious, and totally dangerous. Nora was a protagonist--while most girls would immediately fall for a guy who flattered them as Patch does, she holds strong and doesn't let her guard down. I found myself waiting for Patch to come in, because I knew wherever Nora was, he'd show up. This book gave me chills down my spine. It was probably the spookiest book I've ever read. It was also original--I mean, how many books about fallen angels have YOU read recently? If any, let me know because they are some of my new favorite paranormal creatures.

This book is a definite page turner. It may appear long, but it'll suck you in. It was over before I even realized it! The sequel, Crescendo, comes out Fall 2010. I can't wait!!!


Recommended for: Paranormal readers, ages 15+

5 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I am now a follower of your blog!
    Cindy
    princessbookie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book. I read straight through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...i read this book...
    and its reeeeaally odd...- im just like nora (like proper exactly the same).
    same hair, eyes, im even anemic...family stuff..all except age.
    and my bestfriend is just like Vee...it honestly creeps us out.
    but im totally in love with this miraculous novel...
    just by coincidense - since i was 8yrs old.. ppl have just called me angel (AND IM NOT KIDDING!)
    0.o at the start of the book i was a protagonist..at the end i was practically almost drooling over this book...but personally i think i resisted very well..hehe XD
    overall incredible vocabulary. =] love it XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. it took me about 4 months to get overr my obsession for patch...hehehehehheheh!!!
    patch cipriano...lovee that name - it sounds italian..=]

    ReplyDelete