Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Teaser Tuesday: many!

Teaser Tuesday was started by MizB at shouldbereading
* Grab your current read.
* Let the book fall to a random page.
* Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
* Share the title of the book that you're getting your teaser from... That way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
* Please avoid spoilers!

I'm in the middle of a few books right now, so I figured I'd give you a teaser from each:

From page 88 of The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman:
"I see. And who are your people?"
Again Lyra had to wonder what she meant before replying.
"They were a count and countess," she said. "They both died in an aeronautial accident in the North."

So far this one's pretty good. I've heard lots of good things about this book and its movie companion. I'm reading it for school, as part of a final project for one of my English classes.

From page 159 of The Red Tent by Anita Diamant:
My mother saw my confusion. "You cannot understand all of this yet, Dinah," she said. "But soon you will know, and I will make sure that you are welcomed into the woman's life with ceremony and tenderness. Fear not."

This one is also good. I'm about halfway through, and I'm enjoying it. This one's also for school, the final project of another English class.

Finally,
From page 7 of Rebel Angels by Libba Bray:
"I-I thought I had things well in hand."
"And did you?"
"No." My answer hung in the air like so much smoke from the candles.
"No, you did not. And now the realms have been breached. The unthinkable has happened."

This is the sequel to A Great and Terrible Beauty. I started it briefly last night, but already I have been sucked in. Hopefully I will have time to read more, what with all my school reading and all.

Okay, so I shared more than two sentences. Oh well.
What are you reading? Leave me a teaser!

No comments:

Post a Comment